Friday, September 16, 2011

Long Distance The good bad and crazy

Long Distance: The Good, Bad, & Crazy!


Most of us have either tried it or know someone who has...the dreaded long distance relationship. Now let's clarify long distance, or I'll explain my definition of what I think it is... Long distance relationships are when you live too far away from each other to have slumber parties whenever you want, at the drop of a hat. When you have to drive hours or get on a plane to see your loved one. When you talk on the phone, fb, or skype more then you actually get to touch and feel each other. When you have the whole phone/video sex thing down to a science. Basically, when you are dating someone and that someone is not with you 24hours/day due to geography.
I've tried for my whole 29 years to avoid this type of relationship...just the thought of it makes me cringe & wrinkle my nose. The thought of being with someone who is far far far away leaves a lot to the imagination, especially those of us with the X factor (x chromosome).

The Good.
I like the independence factor. This was something I was lacking in my last fucked up relationship. Sometimes when you spend every waking moment with someone, they just get on your damn nerves. I love the fact we have our own things going on..he has his life, I have mine, and then we meet in the middle every other week or so...I feel like that we talk way more then in any other of my relationships..I actually care what he's doing and has to say, and I want to know how his day is..what he did..thank God for technology and texting! When we are together it's fucking amazing. it's easy, it's magical...fantastical..it's not even work...no compromises hmmmmm except the fact I don't have real mayo in the house...next time babe..I'm going to get some today!
I like that we're not always up each other's ass..but in order for this to work you gotta trust each other and COMMUNICATE..that's the big one.. just a lil text every now and then to say hey, thinking about ya..love you dude..that's all it takes :) My weekly routine is usually action packed anyways, so not seeing him everyday has been a good thing...I feel bad making him come to vb and yoga...
The Bad.
HELLO! He's 268 miles away from me at any given time..322 when I'm at work, SUCKS ASS. Not seeing him everyday. Not knowing the next time i'll see him or get to visit..this is why every time we are together I cherish every second. Spending all this money on travel, gas, plane tickets...Only getting a few days every other week; which is a lot better now that we are in the same state. ARKANSAS was not fun...Hopefully he'll never have to go that far again. When he does come down, I get super lazy on my weekly routine..I don't run, I eat like shit, drink...so these things will have to start to fade. Last night was good...we walked Drake for about 28 minutes! better then laying around fucking all day..that too is exercise though! Going to bed without him :( I sleep so much better with him laying next to me. Everytime he leaves I cry, even though I know I'll see him again I still get sad...

The Crazy.
That damn X Factor gets in the way, even when you try super hard for it to vanish...I thought I have been doing pretty well suppressing my X factor aka the crazy gene...every now and then she pops out, makes an appearance just to remind us all she still exists. So from time to time, when I don't hear from him, or his phone dies, the X factor comes out and the thoughts in my head stir the pot.."why isn't he answering?" "where is he?" "what is he doing?" "who's he doing it with?"....oh and the occasional "friend" of his who likes to fuck with us and send me fucked up text about him and the ex-wife...get a life. I guess that's it - the X factor. As long as I can keep her under wraps..it's good.

Bottom Line.
In the end, I know he loves me. Loves me with all his heart and I love him. I may still have a few toes on the ground and a few fading bricks left on my wall, but he's it..He's my FPE (favorite person ever).

Until Next Time ~ XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment