Thursday, May 31, 2012

2 kids vs 1

So, Matt and I recently adopted Harley - a 5 year old English Bulldog! Matt was home for the weekend, so it was wonderful. Lots of people in and out, lots of love for both our kids..Drake and Harley. They seem to be getting along well, until feeding time...they have to eat separate, and they are on different eating schedules..so the baby gate is up while I'm at work. Harley stays in the Kitchen/Living room because he likes to pee on the trashcan and puke on the floor and couch...and my sweet baby Drake stays in my room with his food and toys and moms bed...Haryley has taken over Drake's bed...he's ok with that though...So, this week it's just been me and the kids...routine is still the same..I have to take more poop bags on our walks because dear ole Harley has to poop all the time! Wiping 8 feet instead of 4, and wiping Harley's butt every time he poops...well before he comes back inside, because apparently Bulldogs have dirty butts...and they're smelly, and big, and shed...I'm adjusting...I've been trying to let Harley sleep in bed, but he smells...and was just bathed Monday...I never realized how much Drake does NOT smell like a dog...So now Harley is a floor dog...no couch, no bed. Which I'm sure he is laying on the couch as I type. He is a mess! A cute, lovable, mess, but a mess. Matt told me last night, Drake is our son and Harley is our dog! Makes perfect sense to me!! Drake is my baby! and always will be. Can't wait for daddy to be home to help out with the family! We miss you! We are gonna have one hell of a Christmas card this year!

Cheers ~

No comments:

Post a Comment