Monday, March 21, 2011

Arkansas Count Down

                 Arkansas State Map
It's gone from weeks to days to mere hours now!!! As of right now it is 82 hours until I land in the great state of Arkansas...Since this is my first time going to AR I have been googling what to do in Little Rock, besides see my favorite band American Aquarium play!!! Hmmmm how convenient they're playing the same weekend I'm going hahahehehehheh..so we decided on visiting the zoo one day!! Love it! And I found the Rocktown Distillery which sounds fun...lots of Mtns to climb and hike and some star gazing thing Friday night...the only other thing I know about the great state of AR is they have a huge BIG DAM BRIGDE and Bill Clinton's was born there...I wonder what the state motto is...hold on let me google this ..hahah this is a funny one "the people rule"! I like it!!!
Other interesting facts I have learned about AR:

*Name for residents - Arkansans
*Major industries - agriculture (chickens, soybeans, rice, cotten), paper & wood products, electronic equipment, mining (aluminum & diamonds).
*Bordering states include - Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas..dang.
*State Nickname - The Natural State
*State Bird - Mockingbird
*State Tree - Pine Tree
*state Beverage - Milk
*State Instrument - Fiddle
*AR is the only state in the USA where diamonds have been found!

Now, here are some strange laws in AR I came across:

*It is illegal for a person to sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 P.M. 
*My favorite law is one designed to get Northerners into trouble. That's right folks, if you mispronounce Arkansas (Ar-kan-saw) you're in for a fine or jail time. 
*In Little Rock, flirtation between men and women on the streets may result in a 30-day jail term. 
*Oral sex is considered sodomy in Arkansas and is punishable.
*Animals in Arkansas get the weirdest laws. If you live in Arkansas, you may not keep an alligator in your bathtub. I guess lawmakers saw the move Alligator once too often.
*Dog owners in Little Rock beware! If your dog barks after 6 PM you can be fined. The dog can be impounded.
*Cow owners should take heed too. Bessie may need her exercise but even cows deserve Sunday's off. It's unlawful to walk your cow after 1:00 on Sundays.
*There is a law that states female teachers who bob their hair cannot be given a raise. *Even more degrading is an old law that states a man can beat his wife in Little Rock provided he does it with a stick no bigger than 3 inches across and not more than once a month.
                             Arkansas Map
This is one of the only maps I found with Morrilton on it.. that's where I'll be the first night or two.. then back to Little Rock. I'm so excited to see a different state and more importantly visit my boyfriend!! YAY! I will take lots of pics don't worry. And will blog religiously before I go and when I return..enjoy the countdown! OMG OMG OMG I'm too excited to think or work eeeekkkk.

Until Next Time Bitches ~ AAAHHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAH

ps - Love you Matty ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment