Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bringing Back the Baskets

OH Yes, it's that time of year again. Basket Weaving Time. Not the weaving you are probably thinking of, but if you have been in my presence over the last few years, you may know what I am referring to. . . Baskets 101. Yes, it is time ladies for baskets to make their yearly come back. It seems like this time every year, hmmmm. It didn't dawn on me until HB and I were emailing back and forth as we do during the day, that I in fact have what I call a "front burner basket". The front burner is exactly where you want to be, hence the name FRONT, duhhh. So for now, Matty Ice reigns in this spot. However like a stove there are two front burners and two back burners, but do not think your baskets have to stop at four lol.

A few years ago when I was bartending downtown, living up the single life. Going out, meeting new people every freaking day I coined the term Baskets. I believe it might have been with my dear ole friend Kerri whom is married now, congrats! I wonder if she married a basket? hmmmm. Anyways, we would go out after work, hit up our favoriate Sunday night spot, FIBBERS, and dance away the night! To keep track of the "boys" who would ask me out, come see me at work, take me to lunches, drive me around when I'm too drunk...we coined the term "baskets" to keep it simple. No strings attached, no commitment, no one gets hurt. It was all mom really, she always told me as far back as I can remember, "don't put all your eggs in one basket". Whether she was referring to work, school, friends, or boys! 

I guess baskets are a spin off of a fuck buddy, however all baskets are not fuck buddies...baskets can be friends of the opposite sex, who ultimatley turn into some of the best friends ex: mr. waterhouse. Baskets can also be potential boyfriends if you wanna take them down that road ex: tall basket turned into a bf. 


Now the whole online aspect has changed the flow of baskets too..i call them the pof baskets. Pof is funny at times though.. sometimes I feel like not even checking my mail, but then I'm like hmmm wonder if there's anything new...but like I was telling my girl today in the car...I can't even think about going out with anyone right now...but i'm not going to completely shut myself off, I'm not an idoit.. and just because I like a guy doesn't mean I'm going to put all my eggs in him...I know I know.. I said I was going to take my guard down and let go, but when it boils down to it, is your guard really ever all the way down? Another defense mechanism.. or survival whatever you want to call it. A girl's gotta survive...so now ya know, consider yourself educated in baskets 101..more to come. 


Until Next Time Bitches ~ Prost

No comments:

Post a Comment